GO Week 2014 will focus on “The Next Generation of America’s Outdoors.”
From young people working on the land through conservation corps, to organizations working to get more young people outdoors, to conservation organizations working to engage the next generation of public land supporters, inspiring and creating the next generation of outdoor enthusiasts is critical to the future of our young people and America’s outdoors.
If you care about the future of America’s outdoors, our communities’ connection to these places and reconnecting Americans from all walks of life to the outdoors, please join us in GO Week, June 23 – 26, 2014 in Washington DC.
This year’s event will include:
- An Outdoor Festival on the Anacostia River
- Meetings with administration officials
- Hill Briefings from leaders of the conservation, business, youth and sportsmen communities of current outdoor issues
- An inspiring presentation by NOLS Expedition Denali, the first team of African Americans who attempted to summit the highest peak in North America, on the importance of connecting young people of color with the outdoors
For agenda details, lodging and general information please contact:
- Michael Carroll with The Wilderness Society at 970-946-9043, firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Paul Sanford with The Wilderness Society at 202-429-2615, email@example.com